akpParticipantJanuary 15, 2021 at 8:32 amPost count: 4
Atlanta Athletic Club is seeking to hire an Assistant Swim Team Coach to provide the Head Coach assistance with the coaching of the summer league swim team. Do you have a passion for swimming? Do you want to share your experience with others by teaching basic, intermediate, and advanced swim skills to swimmers of all ages?
Our seasonal Assistant Swim Team Coach position will officially start early May and go through mid-June. Some preseason duties may apply. The position will compensate coaches with bi-weekly paychecks as well as compensation for swim lessons 65% of all instructional income. Due to COVID-19, some adjustments in schedule may be made due to the pandemic and possible restrictions.
The Atlanta Athletic Club is a 122 year-old prestigious, private family-oriented country club located in Johns Creek. We have gained recognition not only throughout the South but was also voted the Number One Athletic Club in the United States by Club Leaders Forum. Don’t let our name mislead you. We are not a “health club.” Our facilities include two 18-hole championship golf courses, a par-three 9-hole course, a tennis center with arena, a Fitness Center, an Aquatics Center, a Spa and a beautiful clubhouse, which offers a sandwich shop, casual dining restaurant, fine dining restaurant, and meeting and banquet facilities. Our facilities, services and wide variety of adult and children’s programs and activities provide a well-rounded environment for our members. References from previous employment are extremely important and customer service experience is preferred.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SWIM COACH
As a seasonal Assistant Swim Team Coach, some duties might include:
· Arrive at the pool early to assist with pool setup with an upbeat attitude ready to engage with each swimmer
· Teaching basic, intermediate, and advanced swim skills to swim team athletes.
· Working with swimmers in a variety of ages groups making sure that each swimmer learns the correct techniques and rules of each stroke and race.
· Swimming with the team each day to ensure confidence in parents and swimmers.
· Being present at all swim meets. Meets are typically on Thursday evenings, but are subject to change once ASA schedule is set in mid-April. Must arrive at meets at 3:30 pm to assist with setup and marking up swimmers as they arrive.
· Assisting parents with swimmer lineup during meet days.
· Teaching private lessons and assisting with club organized group swim lessons throughout the summer.
· Assist head coach and aquatics program manager with any other duties deemed necessary.
At least 16 years of age
Previous swim instruction and coaching experience
CPR/AED/First Aid certification for adults, children, and infants
Reliable transportation to and from work hours
Background check and drug screens are part of the pre-hiring process
Our season runs from mid-May through end of June with Swim Meets every Thursday in June and Swim Team social events (banquet) in July. Group swim lessons run mid-May through July. Preference is given to coaches who can commit to set practice times, swim meets, swim lesson schedules and social events.
With the ever-changing pandemic, some dates and times are subject to change or cancellation based on possible COVID-19 restrictions. All team members may be required to wear masks during a part of their time working at the pool and aquatic center. All team members are subject to temperature checks daily upon arrival for shift.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you believe that you would be the right fit for this position, please email your resume to Ashlea Porri, Fitness and Aquatics Program Manager at email@example.com.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.