lstalterParticipantDecember 29, 2019 at 12:06 pmPost count: 2
The LBC Swim Team Head Coach requires a high-energy, motivated individual to safely lead the Summer Swim Team Program consisting of swimmers of all levels. While seen as a key leader of the program, this position works in partnership with the Swim Team Coordinators in managing the swim team and assistant coaches. The Swim Team Head Coach directs and supervises swim practice and swim meets, responds to incidents, and interacts with parents and participants. The Swim Team Head Coach provides a high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive program environment. This is a part-time job with work after school beginning in May and work in the mornings after school ends up to the beginning of July.
Head Coach Position Overview
- Evaluate swimmers for swim group assignment and ensure safe environment
- Develop swimmer skills with workouts
- Recruit, direct and supervise coaching team and oversee duties
- Manage all practices and ensure appropriate and safe coverage of coaches on deck always
- Complete all Meet Entries in computer application (Practice, Dual, and ASA meets)
- Attend and lead all swim meets and ensure appropriate and safe coverage of coaches on deck (Practice, Dual, and ASA meets)
- Provide customer service to parents throughout the season
Head Coach Detailed Responsibilities
- Reports to LBC Swim Team Coordinators
- Works with LBC Swim Team Coordinators and volunteers to set goals and maximize resources for the overall benefit of the LBC Swim Team Program.
- Attend and represent LBC at all practices, practice meets, time trials, line-up exchanges, dual meets, the ASA Championship Meets and other LBC swim team functions (sign up day, Swim team day, banquet, etc.)
- Recruit, hire, train and manage coaching staff including Assistant Coaches and Coaches in Training (CIT’s) to ensure LBC Swim Team program operates safe, efficiently and in accordance with LBC and ASA Swim League rules.
- Evaluate and group swimmers by skill level as defined in LBC Swim Team Handbook and establish written swim team workouts for all skill levels: (6 & Under, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 18 & Under).
- Oversee practice schedule and conduct workouts for each skill level to meet specific objectives such as stroke improvement, starts, turns, finishing and dry land workouts.
- Conduct one practice meet (time trial) prior to the start of the regular season dual meets.
- Oversee compilation of all data entry and forms for dual meets and championship meets. Work closely with LBC assistant coaches to ensure all swimmers are entered correctly for dual meets and ASA Championship Meet.
- Conducts Dual Meet and ASA Meet lineup exchanges.
- Institute and oversee incentive programs for the swimmers to record and acknowledge individual swimmer milestones and achievements.
- Responsible for key parent communications about practices and incidents.
Work in partnership with Team Coordinators on coaching team and swimmer skill development plans to ensure the team is fun yet competitive.
- Obtain and show proof of Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification or ASCA Certification, First Aid and C.P.R. certification.
- Be knowledgeable of the ASA Swim league rules and regulations. Attend all required ASA coaching meetings
- Ensure all LBC swimmers display sportsmanship, discipline as required.
- Make swim team fun!
Head Coach Coaching Schedule
Below is a guideline of the head coaching work hours throughout the season. The season begins May 13 and runs through the end of the ASA meet at the end of June.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.